Wednesday 30 September 2015

How to stop the high pitched noise emitted by Dell Latitude E7240

How to stop the high pitched noise emitted by Dell Latitudes 

My Dell E7240 emits a high pitched noise and it has been driving me crazy. 

I have updated the bios, clean installed widows 8, 8.1 and 10 and nothing helped. I have been on the phone with Dell for hours but their answer was that I was crazy.

After endless search on the internets, I found that this is because that the processor is moving in to C3 state. 

To resolve this, go to your Device Manager, right-click "Intel Wireless Bluetooth Module", and select properties. Select the "Power Management" tab, and uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" checkbox.

Once you've done this, the world balance is restored!


No comments:

Post a Comment